Question
Posted by: namib | 2004/10/17

from normal to ice cold shudders in 5 hours?

Hi there,
On thursday night i came on duty at 18hoo and at 23h00 i was icecold and shuddering like a old man of 80 yrs, i could scarcely drive to the hospital.I was given a voltaren injection and saw the doctor the next day who told me i had infection in both ears.Seeing that i had malaria before and a few attacks afterwards,is it possible that ear infections have such an effect on a person?

Namib, it sounds like you had shivers because of the middle ear infection. The body wanted an increased temperature (fever) and a way to generate heat is to make you shiver. That doesn’t say that it isn’t due to malaria, but it is possible that it was due to an ear infection. Good luck.