Question
Posted by: missi | 2004/10/12

from mistress to mrs

Does anyone know the average frequency of Mistresses that eventually become Mrs to the same guy? Just curious. It seems to me to undertake this decision one would have to be strong and have no expectations what so ever....the real question is how many of the mistresses are truly happy?

Excellent questions, and I've never found good research results to answer them, either. And wouldn't the question also be, of those Mistresses who become Missuses, how many stay a Mrs, and for how long ? Surely there's always the caution that if he was happy cheat on her, with you ; he might be as ready to cheat on you, with someone else ?

4
Posted by: Jess | 2004/10/14

Hi, I married a man who cheated on his girlfriend with me. Let me tell you, it stains you. We worked together and used to go to lunch together, 'work late' / or work 'overtime' on weekends to be able to be together. Now, a couple of years down the line whenever he tells me he's working late... what do you think I'm imagining?!?! I've really tried hard to get those thoughts out of my head, but my darling, it never goes away and it will eat at you no matter how hard you try not to let it.
If I had to do it all over again, I would not go for a guy who's already involved - if he really seriously wanted to get to know me better romantically, he would leave his current 'love of his life' to pursue the new one.
Hmmm. easier said than done, huh? Because if you're in love, you're not always thinking of other people who may get hurt with your affair.
But, think about it... because incidentally he's going to lunch today with his friend colleague Tania, all innocent and I must not be jealous and make myself an unpleasant person to be around by throwing accusations... oh, really?!?!
Think about it. Think really long and hard.

Reply to Jess
Posted by: lady nina | 2004/10/13

hi there

i think there is a period in the relasionship where you are the happiest girl in the world, all the exitement and adventure ...
but as time moves on you want more and thats when your world fall to pieces,
i would never consider marrying a guy i have an afair with, 99% of them will do it again, because the reason why people get involved with 3 rd parties is because there is some problem with THEM and by having afairs they try and avoid to deal with the real issues, as soon as the real issues pop up he has to feed his ego and have another affair and so it goes on

i would never consider marriage to the guy who cheats the mother of his kids

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: missi | 2004/10/12

well..haven't tried yet...feeling too guilty abt it...keep thinking someday some1 will do the same to me...if I ever do get married...

Reply to missi
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/10/12

I think the stats must be very low. Did you make it?

Reply to PARIS