Question
Posted by: Gaybuddie | 2004/11/15

From Gaybuddie, to all who took the time!

Thank you all for your incoraging concerns and oppinions. My partner has decided to go back to his home town church, and to discuss all his concerns with a old friend who has gone into the ministry. I sallute his stature, and hope that he can find the peace that he needs to continue living his life.

I have made contact with my local Methodist Church, and am e-mailing a senior church member, who is being quite supportive, and I look forward to a meeting with her as soon as I have all my relevant bible quotings that I feel might be of some use. As I'm sure you are all aware, the bible is vast in its knowledge, and as we read it, many times we only read what we want to, and thus, with her help, I believe I'll be able to live a stronger life.

Our partnership has grown stronger, and with the help of many of you, my church, and his, I believe that things can only be positive.

I must just comment. There are so many beautiful caring people on this sight, that I strongly believe that I'd like to share this site with everyone I know. However, there are some people, who intend to be helpful, but end up going straight for the throat, and are quite hurtful in their reply's.

All I ask is this, read our question, think before you type, and then re-read it. Imagine you had written this question, and if you'd recieved that reply, would it be helpful, or hurtful. I know the truth can be hurtful, but a little sugar coating might lesson the blow!

Thanks to Doc, and all who care,
Gaybuddie

Thanks, hope this all works out for you both. And I like the way you word the caution to those keen to post a snotty reply to someon's heartfelt question.

2
Posted by: De Bruyn | 2004/11/18

I'm glad it seems to be working out for you and your partner. I hope it continues and the two of you stay together.

I am glad I was able to be of some assistance. Good luck for the future and keep us informed.

Reply to De Bruyn
Posted by: lady nina | 2004/11/16

hi there

i'm really happy that you are searching for the truth and as long as you have a open mind and allow the Holy Spirit to lead you you will find the truth ( i would not take what other people say as revelation knowledge but rather allow their opions be confirmation of what i already discovered on my own)

as i always say, it's a brave person who can stand up and be counted for his convictions, even if what they believe differs from what is the norm ..... continue you search for peace and you will meet your peacemaker along the way

nina

Reply to lady nina