Question
Posted by: Maryke | 2008/06/09

from dokcers diet to low gi

Hi Diet doc

I want some bit of advice, i am currently at my docters weight-loss clinic (you cut all carbohydrates out so mainly you eat meat and veggies) it really works I have been on it now for 2 and half months and lost 7kgs so far but the problem is that sometimes it does happen that i eat a bit of pasta or rice and then i pick up (not very much at a time but then my weight loss in a week goes down from 1.2kg - 800g) and it really makes it difficult to eat like that all the time(makes me feel like I don't have a life) I still have another 19kgs to go to my goal weight.

I went to a dietician 4years ago where so put me on a low gi diet which really works(wanted to go back on my diet but i was just so desperate to lose the weight that i decided to go to my dr weight-loss clinic)

How will it effect my weight now if i decide to go on the low gi diet? will i pick everything I lost up again? and will I still lose weight?

Any advice please

Dear Maryke
If you go back to your dietitian and she puts you back on the low-GI diet which you know works really well for you, then you will not pick up the weight you have lost and you will continue losing like in the past. I am not in favour of low-carb diets. I know they produce rapid weight loss, but they are not healthy and can lead to a variety of complications (constipation, raised blood fats, deficiencies, bad breath, etc) and as you say, they are difficult to stick to. So return to your dietitian and use the low-GI balanced diet and do some exercise every day and you will lose your 19 kg.

2
Posted by: Wondering | 2008/06/11

Diet Doc

I am also on a low GI diet prescribed by a dieticien. I am not losing a single gram fat. What can I do? I minimize my carbs to 2 per day but still nothing happens. I train 3-4 times a week and drink a lot of water. I am 1.59m and weigh 55kg. I used to weigh 51.5kg. I just pick up and pick up every week.

Reply to Wondering
Posted by: Wondering | 2008/06/11

Diet Doc

Reply to Wondering