Question
Posted by: Me2 | 2004/11/18

From babe to maphuta in 2 months

I competed in women's bodybuilding as novice this year. I looked great. After competition I could not stop eating. Every morning I tell myself - today I am going to eat good. It only lasts until a mood change.

I eat when I'm glad, sat, upset, happy, depressed, furious, all day, everything I think of - everything I smell.

My last competition was September. I gained all the fat and weight back again. I am very short - so I look fatter and bulkier.

I do not have the self control over my eating habits. I know I am the only one to stop it. I know I did deprive myself of a lot of food when dieting.

I only hope I can stop before I'm rolling. It become an evil circle. Any inspiration can help

Dear Me2
The problem about body building is that once you stop, the muscle tissue can change into fat tissue very easily. I can only suggest that you basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). While you are on the ‘Weight loss' site, read about every aspect of slimming (Diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects, etc) by surfing on this site. If you are not motivated to stay on your diet and to do regular exercise, then no one can help you but yourself. You can contact Innertalk (mands@innertalk.co.za) and ask about their motivational tapes which may help you to stay focussed.