Question
Posted by: BB Girl | 2004/11/18

From 52kg to (do not want to know) in 2 months

I competed in women's bodybuilding as novice this year. I looked great. After competition I could not stop eating. Every morning I tell myself - today I am going to eat good. It only lasts until a mood change.

I eat when I'm glad, sat, upset, happy, depressed, furious, all day, everything I think of - everything I smell.

My last competition was September. I gained all the fat and weight back again. I am very short - so I look fatter and bulkier.

I do not have the self control over my eating habits. I know I am the only one to stop it. I know I did deprive myself of a lot of food when dieting.

I only hope I can stop before I'm rolling. It become an evil circle. How can I stop this?????

Expert ImageBodybuilding

BB Girl,

Binge eating usually goes deeper than just what may seem obvious. It could merely be as a result of "starving" yourself for competition or it may go even deeper to some psychological reasons you may not know about or may be suppressing.

If this gets too bad then I'd advise you see a dietician and perhaps a counsellor (no disrespect intended).

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist

3
Posted by: King | 2006/02/02

What can the dietision do to help when your blood needs cleaning and you need healthier diet.

Reply to King
Posted by: BillaBoy | 2004/11/18

BB Girl

As Q said, its all upto you. You need to take control. Get something to distract u when u feel like eating.

Reply to BillaBoy
Posted by: Q | 2004/11/18

You are bindge eating and it seams as if it can be depression related, sort of a comfort to you!!! When you eat you feel better irespektive of your mood!!!! The thing is to go se a desond dietision and get som blood work done by a spesialist. Mybe there is a shortage of some kind some where. The other thing is you need to pick up your gym program so that you can burn the calories you ate. Also remember that betwee 2-3 kg of that wheight can be controbuted to water retension!!! then get a hold of you gaw and resist the temptation! Good luck hope this helped a bit

Reply to Q