Posted by: teena | 2008/09/21

friendship and physical intimacy

ok i just need an opinion from anyone about my situation..i met a guy last year after i came out of a long term relationship.we' ve become very close friends..perhaps even best friends and we have a very intimate physical relationship it possible after more than a year that my friend had no feelings for me other than friendship although we spend a lot of time together and help each other through all our difficulties and also the fact that both of us have not even kissed another person since we started our physical relationship?

It is likely that he has feelings over and above friendship because friends don't usually have sex, but this doesn't mean that he has romantic feelings for you either ... You may be a 'special friend', but if he is not ready to commit, or struggles with intimate/committed relationships, he may never have allowed himself to feel more than 'special friendship'.