Question
Posted by: promise me | 2004/11/22

Friendship

So often I wonder what is the true meaning of friendship.And why do I even bother to do things from my part.Isn't it suppose to by 50-50.Do I always have to be the first one to call or sms or say lets go out and do something.Isn't it just sad when in your friendship group of friends they form clicks.And then you have to hear what they did together but your not included.And then I wonder is there something wrong with me.I just wish I could have more true friends in my life.

I'm not certain that the 50-50 part is actually included in the Constitution, pm. Ideally, it ought to average out in roughly that proportion, but clear they extrent to which one can give, and the extent to which one is needy, will vary over time. I doubt that there's anything particular wrong with you, though maybe you haven't yet met your best friends.

4
Posted by: Shazz | 2004/11/22

Friends are meant to be there for you during the good times and the bad times. I have got a friend who lives far away from me and we dont even see each other once a year, but our friendship is so strong its like we are never apart. A friend is someone who you can always count on. If that person isnt there when you need them and always comes to you when they need something, then they are not real friends, they are just using you. Find yourself friends that are really worth the title.

Reply to Shazz
Posted by: I | 2004/11/22

Unless you have the same attitude as me. I have deliberately chosen not to have friends anymore. I feel by having them and sharing experiences with them, I open myself to be hurt later.

Reply to I
Posted by: KGs | 2004/11/22

Some friends are selfish, its like they say, u need me, i don't need u business. If i were u, i will look for new friends.

Reply to KGs
Posted by: Sammy | 2004/11/22

There are real friends and then so-called friends who weigh you down. I also went through the same thing - always phoning on birthdays, always there to share a sorry moment, always asking how this is and that. 2 of them never bothered asking me about anything. All they ever did was phone to gossip about others. I eventually ignored cellphone calls and i haven't heard a word from them for the last 6 months and i don't even miss them because they weren't real friends in the first place.

Reply to Sammy