Question
Posted by: December | 2007/12/04

Friends - married couple

Hi, we have friends that are married, they have been married for a while now, they have always had a very rocky relationship.

About 1 and half years ago, the wife pitched up at our place and was as drunk as a skunk and almost confessed her undying love to my boyfriend (then, we got married in the meantime) in front of me. Then on another occasion she got very touchy with my man. We had another couple over as well and they saw that as well. We have not seen them for a while, but when we see them she is all over him. My husband says that I must stop to be so jealous and that I am imagining things.

We attended a function recently and they were there as well, she once again got drunk and spilled her heart out to my hubby that she is very unhappy in their marriage and is considering ending the marriage. Why does she do this and why tell my husband this? After this last ordeal my husband has been acting very strange towards me. He has known this couple even before we knew each other. Please help...

Do you really need an unstable couple ( and an even more unstable woman ) like this as friends ? If she truly does behave in this way, she will only make trouble eventually. Surely the pair of you are not so desperate for friends that you need this couple ? Together, tell her that if she is unhappy in her marriage she needs marriage counselling or divorce, but does NOT need getting drunk or pouring her troubles out on others.

2
Posted by: Blondie.. | 2007/12/04

Your happiness must always be first priority to your husband - tell him how you feel and that you don't want to visit with these married friends of yours anymore. He can visit with the husband if he likes - but not at his house.

You don't need 'friends' like that.

Reply to Blondie..
Posted by: Lolo | 2007/12/04

stay away from her, she must not cause yours unhappy as hers, tell your hubby how you feel about that politely, unless he has something more to say to u.

Reply to Lolo