Question
Posted by: Liezel | 2010/12/14

Friends diet

Good afternoon doctor it is me again,doctor i have a friend who was in a car accident and lost one of her legs,she is currently on a diet that includes low gi foods,she cant include exercise with her diet,as she has only one leg,her question to you is will she still be losing weight on her diet without combining it with exercise,her diet is as follows:

Morning
a bowl of natural muesli mix with
50 g low fat joghurt

midmorning snack
a apple

Lunch
2-3 low gi bread
4 teaspoons grated mozarella cheese /marmite
tomato
2 teaspoons butter

afternoon snack
a handfull of peanuts

Supper
Chicken Breast/Fish
1 cup brown rice
1cup sweet potato(with sweetner)
1 cup salad

Late night snack
apple

Dear Liezel
I am sorry to hear that your friend has lost a leg in a car accident. The diet you describe is both low-GI and relatively low in energy, so she should still lose weight despite not being able to exercise. It may help if she discusses her condition with a biokineticist who can design an exercise programme for her which will also help her to feel more in charge of her life again.
Wishing your friend all the best.

2
Posted by: Liezel | 2010/12/15

Thank you doctor.

Reply to Liezel

Dear Liezel
Wishing your friend all the best.