Question
Posted by: Shazz | 2005/12/02

Friends baby is overdue

My friend is pregnant, her baby was due on the 19th of November, he still has not arrived. The doctor has said that if she has not had the baby over the weekend he will do a C-Section. The baby has not even dropped yet. Is there anything she can do to try and speed up labour?

Labour could be induced. There are medications to do this.

2
Posted by: Rusty | 2005/12/02

I had my baby at 42 weeks. He also did not drop. He was due on the 22 of Dec 2003 and was born via a ceasarean on the 12 of Jan 2004. The dr may induce labour but as she said that it is dangerous if the baby hasn't drop, you will be in labour too long. I had a previous C section and wanted a normal birth, but the child could not get past the mark of the old c- cut. When he was born he had long black , no Fernics and long fingernails.

If the child has not drop by now for your friend, he /she never will. Let her rather opt for the csection

Reply to Rusty
Posted by: M | 2005/12/02

Maybe they were out with her dates mine was 2 weeks late but he had dropped. males are always late arent they!

Reply to M