Question
Posted by: jessie | 2005/01/06

Friends and what they mean

I once had a discussion with my friend about having to live with the other if either of us had to experience problems and the once were married. I said that if i had to live with her and she was married, nothing will happen between me and her husband. when i asked her the same thing, she said that she can't say that nothing will happen between her and my husband, if i had to be married...What does that say about somebody like that? Is she really a true friend? Would she, in the end, care less about my feelings and happiness and more about hers? Is she somebody who doesn't want me to be happy?

I answered this the other time you posted it, but agree generally with the other responses here

4
Posted by: jessie | 2005/01/06

thanks for the responses...believe it or not but i tend to agree with Shaun and disagree with Nina......the reason why i said i will never do it is because i believe in Karma, and i don't wish to see other ppl hurt by what i did for my own pleasures...
Thanks for the responses...i tend to believe that she is no true friend coz a true friend will never ever consider something like that at all.

Reply to jessie
Posted by: Shaun | 2005/01/06

Lady Nina, I'm sorry to disagree with you but a true friend would put your needs before their own. Even if the temptation or circumstance presents itself, a real friend would know how & when to walk away.
Talk may be cheap, but actions count way more than words do. But I do agree that one should be wary of those that say never coz that word generally comes out too hastily before one has given it due consideration.
A friend that flirts with your boyfriend cannot be your friend as she's using you to get to him.
A friend that has an affair with your husband cannot be a friend coz then she did not even consider how it would affect you, or what she is doing to you.

Hope you get my point, & know thats what it is... only my point.

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: lady nina | 2005/01/06

hi there

you have a very good friend and she is absolutely right
99%of people say they will never cheat yet they do
talk is cheap

at least she is up front
and you can be careful but those friends who say "never!" those are the ones you should watch out for

very few people have the strenght to walk away if the circumstances are good and both are in need

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Shaun | 2005/01/06

Your hubby, or hubby to be is totally off limits to any friend you have. Any friend that does not or won't respect that is no friend at all.

Hey, maybe she was just teasing you anyway to see your reaction...

Reply to Shaun