Question
Posted by: delia | 2004/11/01

friend with some health problems

My 21 yr old friend's health has been deteriorating steadily for the last 3 weeks. She doesn't eat very much at the moment and she says it's difficult to enjoy food lately but forces herself because she knows she has to eat. She used to take Thins for the "energy" and only stopped because I told her I had heard it was really bad for her. She attributes her decline in health to Thins. She is now suffering from a bladder infection and suspects her boyfriend of sleeping around and they do not use protection as it is. She's having a really tough time emotionally and physically. Her character is too strong and the situation too serious for it to be an eating disorder. She refuses to see a doctor until our exams finish in 2 weeks. Until then, I'd really appreciate some advice on what could be wrong and what I could do to help...Thanks

It is very hard to say what is wrong without a full history and examination. She has to see a doctor. Do your best to encourage her.