Question
Posted by: odette | 2007/02/28

friend considering being a surrogate mom

hi

my friend is considering being a surrogate mom for us - i didn't ask her she has 2 children & is broody for the "feeling of a baby inside her" & offered to be a surrogate for us.
at this stage we're just thinking about it but i would like to get as much info on this to give her so that they, as well as hubby & i, can make an informed decision.

I have multiple sclerosis & my neurosurgeon suggested i rather adpot...& she is aware of our situation...

please direct me to the right people , legal, dr's, etc

thank you
odette

In terms of the procedure, the best person to discuss this with is a fertility specialist. There is quite a lot of hormonal manipulation that would be involved for your friend and for you and she would have to undergo a procedure to put the fertilise egg into her womb. I don't know of a lawyer who specialises in this area. The fertility expert may know.