Question
Posted by: Jonathan | 2004/10/14

Friend cheating

My friend has been cheating on his girlfriend for the last few months with several girls.I am the only one who knows this,because I have been with him all the time it happened.Should I tell his girlfriend or not.She has a suspicion and she did ask me if I will tell her if he is cheating and of course I said yes.

I am afriad that if I do tell her she might tell him that the information came from me and then this will brake our friendship forever

Any suggestions

I agree with Paris, as a first step, but do as that route says, and tell her if he persists. Cheating in the age of AIDS isn't just unfaithful, it can be lethal

6
Posted by: Kernel | 2004/10/14

Put yourself in his place - what would your reaction be if he told your girlfriend that you are cheating on her?

Morally the right thing to do is to tell his girlfriend that he is cheating on her - especially since she has asked you about it.

If my partner is cheating on me I would prefer to know about it, even if the message is conveyed via a close friend.

Reply to Kernel
Posted by: Sad | 2004/10/14

I agree with Paris. Tell her if he doesn't stop. I've been there - my husband cheated and his best friend (who I thought was also my friend) knew about it and didn't tell me. My husband is still friends with this guy, but I am not. This might not be fair from my part, but I would expect my friend to tell me.

Reply to Sad
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/10/14

Damn has a good point there......

When you consider this, do you really have a choice??

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: D@mn | 2004/10/14

Is the whole planet insane! She HAS to know, she is being put in danger. Aids Aids everywhere and nobody wants to use condoms or be faithful... eish wena... to me its not a moral thing as much as it is a health and safety thing... Send her an annonomous letter or sms if you have to...

Reply to D@mn
Posted by: H | 2004/10/14

Having been in this situation before I tend to agree with Paris. It's not fair on you as his friend and her as his girlfriend. Sit him down tell him that you feel that what he is doing is not right and he must make a decision.

He must either stop cheating, break up with his girlfriend or tell his grilfriend. Tell him and make sure he undderstands that you will not sit back anymore and will tell his girlfriend about his cheating if he does not agree to any of the three options.

He will be upset and angry with you but if he is any kind of friend that you have been then he will come round. Good luck..

Reply to H
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/10/14

Rather than risking your friendship with this friend, why dont you speak to him and tell him to either break up with this girl, or stop cheating. and if he does not, tell him you will tell her.

Might not be the best piece of advice, but thats what i would do.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS