Question
Posted by: conserned friend | 2007/04/29

Friend a trouble

I just want to find out what I can do to help a friend of mine I have learned this weekend of a problem my friend is having.

He told me that for the last year he was not sleeping and he took up and extra job because of that.

He has a normal job during the day and after that he has a night job as well

And no to make things worst the last two moths it got worst because of he got separated from his girlfriend and daughter

No he is telling me that he sleeps for 10 hour a week (the most on Sunday 2 – 3 hours)

Because he had this for the last year and got worst the last 2 moths other stuff are happing as well

He is not eating (I have not seen him eat for the hole weekend

(Had the eating problem myself but not this bad and this long after I got separated from my girl)

He lost 12 kg in 2 moths (72 kg to 60 kg)

And starting not to look good

Hart pains and back pains and more did not get into detail (hard another to get this info.)

He is seeing a shrink
Have been to a pharmacy (not a doctor have told him will go with him but he said no)
He is taking sleeping pills for the sleeping problem (not working)
Anti depressing pills (not working)
Taking pills for the eating problem as well (pills not working)

I just what to find out how I can help him if you can let me know.
Can this lead to death
Do I need to make him got to the Doctor?
Please let me know

Dear Concerned friend
YES I think you should drag him to the doctor if you can - the doctor must please also talk to his shrink and they must work together, admit him to hospital if needed because he is really going to collapse one of these days from not eating and not sleeping!