Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2007/03/02

Friday

HI Cybershrink

So yes, have decided to go CBT THerapy shopping ..... I think I would benefit a lot from it, cause I do have cycles that I have never broken over the years, my boyfriend says I am a lot like my father - which is not good cause his such an anxious person and bit compulsive aswell. I lived with my parents for 24 years so pick up all these habbits of control.... Since moving in with my boyfriend I have learned to be me more but its a process is you have been "roll playing" for so long.
I suffer on and off from depression ups and downs, anxiety is always a part of my life and then I tend to have a bit of OCD.

The fact that my dad has cancer is really working on my nerves aswell, I dont know how to help him or what to do, I think because we are so alike I feel almost like I am carrying all his emotions for him. The other night I had a dream that my dad has these purple bruised marks over his backside, thighs and lower back, I was thinking in my dream the cancer has spread, when I told my mother the dream she said its odd, cause my dad had complaint in those places of pain.

I am just taking the rehephynol every now and again to help me sleep, I suffer from sever disturbing nightmares.... Every night someone dies in my dreams.

This is really effecting my life, I feel like crying.

I know CBT Therapy will help - I really hope I can learn some tools to change my thought patterns.

Hi Kasandra,
Hope you find a good and suitable therapist soon, and that it helps, as I agree it should