Question
Posted by: amanda | 2005/01/05

fresh food

Hello doc
Just some questions about fresh food: 1st how much fresh raw vegitables can you eat per day, when you on a diet?
Say 1 bought carrots, spinach, lettuce.
And how many fruits per day are you allowed to eat?
Can you eat 1 boiled egg and some low fat dressing and fat free cottage cheese as well the same day you eat the other raw foods?
And what about bread? what kind of bread can I eat?
Is it true if you put vinegar on all your food that you eat per day, that this can also help with breaking down the fat, and how exactly do I use apple vinegar?
How many cups of coffee am I allowed per day, because I heard that coffee helps for not getting so hungry?
Thank you for a great website
Amanda

Dear Amanda
Thank you for your kind words. You can eat 3-5 vegetables a day because most vegetables have such a low energy content, e.g. lettuce, tomato, cucumber, spinach, celery. You an also eat 2-3 fruits a day. Of course you can eat a boiled egg with low-fat dressing and fat-free cottage cheese with your fruits and vegetables. What kind of slimming diet are you talking about? If you click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' you will obtain a copy of a balanced, low-fat, high-fibre slimming diet which you can use. Vinegar is low in calories, but it will NOT cause weight loss. You can use 3-4 cups of coffee a day.