Question
Posted by: Charlie | 2004/01/10

FREQUENT UPPER BACK-PAIN ON RIGHT SIDE OF BODY, AND INFREQUENT AND SLIGHT CHEST PAIN BELOW THE LEFT BREAST

Hi there .

I am always having frequent and slightly acute backaches on the upper right hand side of my body. Sometimes very rarely though i feel a very slight chest pain below my left breast.

It becomes more frequent when i dance really fast moving my upper body very rapidly or sometimes after eating a meal especially if its a large one.
It its really cold i also get the pains on my right side (upper back).

My diet: just over 50% of time i eat fried foods --i recently switched from sunflower oil to olive oil when frying. 40% curries and 10% of the time grilled food.
I eat lean mutton and chicken about 4 days a week, veggies the other 3 days. I eat a moderate amount of junk food like pies, cakes, chocolates which i've cut down tremendously recently.
Lifestyle: Usually very hectic with a whole lot of house chores, exam/test stress, and the usual day-2-day stresses.

Any advice for me? By the way the aches and pains has been going on for about 3 - 4 years now.
Thanks!

Charlie, it’s difficult to say what the problem is without being able to examine you first. It sounds like you might have a back problem, but it might also be due to your kidney or gallbladder. The best would be to see your doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck.