Question
Posted by: Dee | 2008/01/04

Frequent unrination

I am a 24 year old female. For the past few days i have been running up and down the toilet. I think in an hour i urinate about 2 times. It is definately not a UTI, because my urine is very clear and i am not experiencing any pain or burning when i urinate. This morning alone i have been to the toilet twice, and i have not drank any fluids since i woke up. Yeterday and the day before i was experiencing a bit of nausea but did not vomit. I am also experiencing abdominal pain. It is sometimes below the belly button, for most of yesterday it was just below my rib cage on the left hand side. My friend reckons i am pregnant, i think it's unlikely. Besides pregnancy, what are these symptoms a sign of?

Dear Dee

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

You can have a have a UTI without painful urination. I suggest that you consult a Urologist, in order to send your urine away for analysis. I also recommend that you do a home pregnancy test, in order to rule out a possible pregnancy.

Kind regards

4
Posted by: Dee | 2008/01/07

Thank you.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: anxious | 2008/01/07

I am glad you are going to go the gp. My point is it might be kidney pain, not bladder infection pain - the two can be substantially different. It is worth checking out!

Good luck.

Reply to anxious
Posted by: Dee | 2008/01/07

Hi thanx for the respose. The reason why i say it's definately not a UTI, is because i have had about 5 infections. so i am well aware of the symptoms. The pain is not similar to that of a UTI. I really don't know how to explain it. I will go see a GP though to find out exactly what is going on.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: anxious | 2008/01/06

You can't be certain that its definitely not a UTI without having a urine test done. Not getting that burning when going to the loo doesn't mean you don't have an infection. I have never had that as a symptom and still get positive infection lab results. You might be ignoring an infection that could be developing into a kidney infection, given the abdominal pain you describe. Kidney infections can be serious and difficult to eradicate, and you can end up in hospital. Untreated bladder infections can rapidly turn into kidney infections. Nausea is also a very common symptom of bladder/kidney infection. You dont need to have vomiting also. Go to your gp without delay to have a urine test done so that you know what problem you are dealing with. Leaving an untreated kidney infection developing is definitely NOT a good idea and can be extremely serious. I know, I have had plenty of them and have landed up in hospital twice for them. I have chronic kidney problems (I have only 1 kidney) and playing around with your kidneys is NOT a good idea.

Dont leave it.

Reply to anxious