Question
Posted by: carol | 2007/12/04

Frequent reocurring bladder infections

My 22 year daughter gets regular bladder infections 6 to 7 times a year and has had a very bad kidney infection before. Our GP seems to think its not too serious,but I would feel better if she saw a urologist or a nephrologist. She drinks lots of water and wipes from front to back and all the other things that they suggest.

Dear Carol
She definitely needs to see an urologist if she gets more than 3 infections per year - she may have a stone in the kidney or an abnormality in one of the urine tubes. Make an appointment for her as soon as possible.