Posted by: old but not yet cold | 2008/10/13

freckles changing colour

I am 48 years of age and have many freckles on my body, lately I have noticed that some of these freckles double in size almost overnight and become a deep red colour almost look black, then after 3 or 4 days they return to their normal size and colour. One " crazy"  freckle however has grown to the size of a R5 coin, (over a few years) yet the centre has faded to normal skin colour and only the ouside is brownish. I don' t go to the Dr and am as healthy as a horse otherwise (do have osteo) but take no meds as I am fanatical anti meds.

Should these spots be something that I need to have a look at or is it just my body playing tricks.

Many thanks.

Dear Old but not yet cold
Please let your doctor have a look - any spots that changes colour or grow quickly can potentially be a dangerous skin cancer called Melanoma. Rather be safe than sorry. See pictures at