Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2007/06/04

freaky eye

My dad has a very bright red... spot in his one eye. It looks like a fresh blood clot or something. It's in the upper white area of his eye. He says he can't feel it, its doesn't burn or hurt or anything, but it looks very freaky. He won't go to an optometrist because he says its not causing any symptoms, but I'm just wondering, what could it be?

Dear Kelly
It probably is a burst vein - sometimes happen when you rub your eye too hard, or when you have high blood pressure. Normally is not dangerous and goes away by itself.