Freaking Out!!

My son of 18 has a 15 year old gilfriend. It has just come out that they are sleeping together. her father has since layed a complaint with the child protection services - I am so, so damn mad with these kid' s but before I strangle this kid, please tell me what can happen. Can they arrest my " silly"  son? He is still a school pupil and is busy writing exams so was unable to write today as he is in one helluva state!
Please, if somebody can advise me on what I should do, I would really appreciate it.
Apparently this girl has slept with her first boyfriend.....

OK, this could amount to statutory rape, as she is under-age. SO her father is well entitled to lay such a charge / complaint and your son is surely not foolish enough to assume that this could not cause problems. Yes, indeed, they can arrest him, and he needs good legal advice urgently. Good comments from Mom, and unkown. I doubt that denying it would help --- if she says he did, and there is any other evidence to support that, he will appear to be not only foolish but a liar. And then anything else he might say in mitigation wcould be disbelieved, too

Posted by: Louise | 2008/09/12

Never under estimate the power of denial.

But - I agree with ABC - it sets an awful example.

Reply to Louise
Posted by: ABC | 2008/09/12

Don' t let him deny it. This might be a good lesson to teach hi,. He did something wrong and now must face the consequences. Otherwise he' ll never take responsibility for his actions.

Reply to ABC
Posted by: EL | 2008/09/12

NO, he must not deny it! If he lies about it he will only be in more trouble, the truth ALWAYS come out! Don' t allow your son to deny it, because then he will become a liar, because his mother taught him to deny something he did actually do! He must now live with the consequences and he can learn something out of all this!

Reply to EL
Posted by: Zexeon | 2008/09/12

And she could turn around and say she didn' t consent, its not going to help any.

Reply to Zexeon

Oh my word. Phoned a legal expert who strongly suggested that my son deny it!!! Oh my hat, I am really panicking now. I cant believe these kid' s doing adult things but when it comes to the crunch, they leave us unsuspecting parents to deal with it!!!
What do you guys think - Should he deny it???

Posted by: unknown | 2008/09/12

Does the girl' s father actually knows that she had already on a prevoius occation slept with another boyfriend before she did with your son? If not, maybe it is good that you bring it to his attention.

Reply to unknown
Posted by: Mom | 2008/09/12

They can arrest for him for statutory rape. The legal age of consent in 16.

They might be lenient as she did consent and they need to stand together in front of the judge.

Thing is, unless you get a sympathetic judge who can see this situation for what it is, he could end up in jail.

I hope this works out for you, kids and kids.

Reply to Mom