Question
Posted by: watever | 2004/11/06

Freaked out!!!!

ok this is really freaking me out and i dont know what to do or think about it but i was on the computer (my fathers) and came across all these porn video files....i didnt look at them but the titles were shocking some even included teen girls!!! i am -|- ing disgusted at him, i am 17 and i dunno how to look at him the same again, i want to have a good relatioinship with him but he is looking at these disgusting hard core (some are very hard core) porn. ok before u think im naive.....im not, ppl masturbate, whatever, but this freaks me out! how do i deal with this?

Dear w,
Check out the archives of this forum, as we have discussed aspects of this problem so many times, and I'm sure you'll fuind the points raised in our earlier discussions to be useful for you. Interest in porn rarely relates to actual sexual behaviour ; older men tend to enjoy looking at such pictures / vid files, like many women enjoy looking at lavishly illustrated cook books ( without actually cooking ) or watching heavily romance films and novels, without actually acting them out. And you were, weren't you, snooping and invading your father's privacy, when you went hunting in his computer. Isn't that more of a reason for feeling awkward about facing him ? I hope he respects your privacy, and doesn't read your diary, or barge into your bedroom without knocking ?

2
Posted by: watever | 2004/11/08

ok well i was not snooping around on my dads computer, its the family computer and all these video files were on windows media player.....wow i am so terrible for wanting to play some music whilst checking my email. i do not feel special for feeling disgusted with him, its not everyday that these things happen, and how am i to know its normal or something? u have to understand that me being a teenager and seeing teenage porn titles is a bit freaky...

Reply to watever
Posted by: G | 2004/11/08

W, Bit of a late reply but sttrange how children do not relate to there parents as people with needs issues and it is s ashock to find out the are as humnas as you are and yes there are many things thtat would shick you they have needs and felings what makes you so special to be disgusted with your dad ?

Reply to G