Question
Posted by: STC | 2005/07/05

FORTUNE TELLER

Can anyone give me a good fortune teller in the kempton park ,edenvale aera i will like to go and see someone and see what they have to say

as anyone gone to one and what they have said come true !!

There is no such thing as a true fortune teller. People who call themselves fortune tellers are usually skillful conmen, who tell you mainly what you want to hear, in words carefully chosen to be so vague as to cover a very wide range of events, so it's quite easy for it to appear as if their prediction came true ; and they are highly skilled at reading you. Even if they don't ( as some do ) have someone investigate you before you keep your appointment, so that they can find out more about you and impress you by "knowing" this, they watch your reactions very closely. They start talking vaguely, noticing where ou look interested or in agreement, and where you look uninterested or in disagreement, and shape what they're saying, based on your appearance and reactions, so as to work out what you're expecting to hear.
It's a pity the discussion got hijacked ino a debate about eligion, which wasn't the topic at all.

63
Posted by: Lola | 2005/07/05

Male23, I am not launching a personal attack on you, you are not that important in my life - honestly. I find u insulting and childish. We are not your flock for crying out loud. If I need spiritual guidance i will get it from someone with more experience and understanding than you. You are demeaning and Superior. Not the qualities I would call Christian. I most certainly do not need a picture Bible, you are rude indeed.

You take yourself far to seroiusly and think you are everyones saviour, most of us turn to God for that, not you. Don'y flatter yourself.

Reply to Lola
Posted by: KC | 2005/07/05

Ja Joanne - lets leave that debate for another day.

Reply to KC
Posted by: Male23 | 2005/07/05

i do appolgise if it was insulting, maybe it was? As i said, i'm also not perfect. But really Lola, i still cant believe that you dont see it as wrong, may i try my best to show you why i say its wrong? I'll try to be more gentle.

Reply to Male23
Posted by: L | 2005/07/05

Male23

And who says the Bible is the only correct scripture? What about all the other religions?
Once again - you guys are always right!!!

Reply to L
Posted by: Male23 | 2005/07/05

If you tell your child not to hurt somebody else, and he pick up a baseball bat and hit someone, can he then turn around and say you never said anything about a baseball bat??
Sex before marraige is wrong, i gave many places for Lola to read, and many people said they agree, only Lola kept on saying, show me the exact words where it says DO NOT HAVE SEX BEFORE MARRAIGE , if you cant see its wrong ater you looked at the verses i gave you to read, the you must be a littlebit slow, and need it in pictures.....

Reply to Male23
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/05

Grand Prix? Hehe- after church most of gather for that as a lot of us are fans! But I am not an MS fan so don't want to start that one!

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: stupit | 2005/07/05

I remember reading the post where Male23 told Lola to go get a picture bible! That was really obnoxious and rude.

Male23 = Mr Know It All

Reply to stupit
Posted by: L | 2005/07/05

Why are you guys even bothering to argue with these "so called" christians. Don't you know that they are always right.

Reply to L
Posted by: KC | 2005/07/05

In M23's defence - i dont think he has a superior attitude.

He just relays his messages passionately - maybe the way someone elsse feels about grand prix?? It might come across as know-it-all to some, but i have spoken to him privately, and this is not the impression i got at all.

He never once judged me in my situation (not directly that i know about), so i just think if we dont agree with other peoples views we shouldnt feel bad to debate it, but lets not shred each others character and integrity.

Reply to KC
Posted by: $iren | 2005/07/05

HA! I thought the purpose of spreading the word of god, is well, actually spreading the word of god.. not being so offensive and annoying that you totally put people off, so much so that many people ignore you completely.

Does anyone one else see the irony of calling someone stupid when you yourself can not even spell the word? ha ha ha

Reply to $iren
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/05

not everyone can tell the difference between arrognace and authority - a while ago I couldn't

(ducking now to avoid what ever heavy objects get thrown at me)

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: Male23 | 2005/07/05

$iren, if its arrogance to share the Word of God, then i guess i'm an arrogant person, and i give you my word, i will not change.

Reply to Male23
Posted by: Male23 | 2005/07/05

Lola, if this is your way of trying to upset me in anyway, it does not work. If this is your way to say i'm a bad person, well that dont work either. If this is just your way to show you dont like the way i reply to people, it also does not affect me at all.

I'm sorry that it felt like an insult, maybe i was a littlebit to direct, but some people act stupit, and if you could not understand that sex before marraige is wrong, and everybody else agreed, well then i think you do need a picture Bible,because you are the weakest link...lol, joke.

Reply to Male23
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/05

So M23 - is it a lion or an eagle that is there?

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: $iren | 2005/07/05

Don't worry Lola, not everybody is fooled by Mr Know It All, we just usually keep it to ourselves so as not to cause trouble. In fact I don't even read his comments any more. How can you quote your bible when not everyone is even Christian, I don't see Jewish people quoting the Torah or Muslims carrying on about what the Quaran says. its extreme arrogance to assume your way is the only way. (Even if your little bible says it is, does not make it so)

Reply to $iren
Posted by: Lola | 2005/07/05

Joanne E, I am referring to the other day when I was realy put down, judged and insulted by Male23.

He thinks he is Gods gift to everyone. He is not. Maybe he thinks he is doing everyone a favour, but by acting superior and insulting people when they dont agree, he is not.

I disagreed with him on something and he told me if I still don't get it, i must ask someone to buy me a Picture Bible.

On the surface he is sweet and a Good little Christian Boy. But scratch it a little and another person is revealed all together.

Reply to Lola
Posted by: Lorraine | 2005/07/05

Lola, what u r saying about people being responsible for their own actions is very true. I completely agree with u. All i'm saying is dont make it harder for yourself AND your descendants by giving satan certain rights in your life by making bad choices. I know people are quick to blame satan for this and that but i think people make bad choices and bring bad things over themselves.

Reply to Lorraine
Posted by: Gemma | 2005/07/05

Joanne E

Lola did not say Male23 was horrid. She remarked on the obvious.
People have to take responsiblity for themselves and not blame Satan when they do wrong or things don't turn out. That is the cowards way out.

Reply to Gemma
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/05

Where was m23 so horrid as you made out Lola? All he did was quote scripture, and explain nicely

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: Lola | 2005/07/05

Lorraine, people have to take responsibility for their own lives, you can't blame failed marriages solely on satan. People make bad choices.

Male23/Bizzy (same guy I gather) you tend to believe you are doing Christianity a favour, you insense people here. Instead of stuffing your beliefs and interpretations of the Bible down peoples throuats, and when they don't agree with you acting like they owe you something, try learning a few fundamentals of oyur beliefs. Try being patient, kind, understanding, forgiving and non judgemental. Just because you can spout a couple of verses whenever you feel the need, does not make you a good Christian.

Reply to Lola
Posted by: Hey | 2005/07/05

Lorraine. The problem is that I would have liked to hear about the bad things as well. Then maybe I would have lived my life differently.

Reply to Hey
Posted by: Lorraine | 2005/07/05

Hey: It works like this: for everything u do, there are consequences. See like this: u have a piece of land / yard that is surrounded by strong fences with lots of locked gates. U and only u hold the key for each of those gates. When u do something that goes against what God says, u give away one of your keys to satan. He can use it whenever he wants to meddle into your life and screw things up for u. He has NO power BUT the power u legally give to him. If i were u, i'd make sure that i take those keys back from satan before he starts using them to screw around. The best exaple I can think of is this: a guy watches lots of porn. He has a lot of lust in his life. He gets married and quits doing that, but he never closes those open gates and take the keys back. Later in his life his marriage fails because satan is using that open gate and keys to mess up his marriage.
In your case u went to a fortune teller. luckily u heard only good things but make sure to close those gates and dont open them again. u never know what satan can use the keys and openings for! Trust me I HAVE LIVED THAT! I KNOW what i am talking about.

Reply to Lorraine
Posted by: Hey | 2005/07/05

I went to a fortune teller and all of what she told me came true. Unfortunately she only told me the good things!

Reply to Hey
Posted by: Nadine | 2005/07/05

Uh uh, "curses" do still exist even in the year 2005. The spiritual world is very real and does exist. Demons in the spiritual world (that have an influence on people) do exist. There is no way i want to dabble in anything remotely related to demons/satan such as going to fortune tellers, crystal balls and that sort of thing. The Bible clearly says stay away from them and I do. My boss believes in crystals and all this new age stuff and even then I cringe thinking that she believes a pink crystal will bring happiness and another type of crystal will bring you money, etc. Its all nonsense and does not come from God. I don't believe in ramming God down peoples throats but you can try and set the record straight.

Reply to Nadine
Posted by: Male23 | 2005/07/05

Agree with Joanne

Reply to Male23
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/05

Jesus does not change.

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: uh uh | 2005/07/05

Julle is darem baie bygelowig! Daar bestaan nie goed soos 'n
"curse" nie. !!! Miskien in die ou tyd toe Jesus op aarde was, maar nie nou meer nie! Ek meen, dis die jaar 2005......

Reply to uh uh
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/05

exactly, KC!

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: KC | 2005/07/05

I think you open yourself up to bad things by seeing a fortune teller. Like you open yourself up to demonic/evil presences.

Reply to KC
Posted by: Male23 | 2005/07/05

Look, from now on, anyone who feel i'm "ramming" my religion down their throat, as soon as you had enough of me, stop reading. But before you run, think about the answer i gave.

Reply to Male23
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/05

But that is just it - we are not rammng things down your throat. STC asked and we told.

I'd rather open my mouth and offend some one than have their blood on my hands!

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: Male23 | 2005/07/05

Lorraine, i understand, and thats where i'll leave it then. Gemma, just look at this mail again, who was the FIRST person to reply a negative mail? as i recall it, it started with :"What a lot of nonsence. !!!!!!"
You dont like me, i know it, but sit and think about yourself, the way you reacted today, and why you reacted...

Hope we answered your question STC

Reply to Male23
Posted by: Gemma | 2005/07/05

Joanne E
No I am fortunate , don't have issues. Pray to God every night
to thank him for all my wonderful family and all wonderful things in out big wide world. BUT I am not narrow minded or throw my beliefs down peoples throats .Everyone is allowed a opinion . Please don't start saying people have issies if they don't agree with you/

Reply to Gemma
Posted by: Joanne | 2005/07/05

Death and life are in the tongue. If you keep saying "you're stupid" to your child ---- what will they be? if you keep speaking blessings over your child - it will manifest.

Reply to Joanne
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/05

being born into a presby home does not make you a presby or a christian any more than being served in macdonalds makes you a hamburger

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: Nadine | 2005/07/05

I agree with Male23 and Joanne 'E'. Stay away from fortune tellers and such like - if you wanna hear what someone has to say, rather read the Bible. I know sometimes it gets boring but God cannot harm you. Fortune tellers and that sort of thing are bad news and definitely not from God.

Reply to Nadine
Posted by: Lorraine | 2005/07/05

U guys, this is getting a bit out of hand dont u think?

Reply to Lorraine
Posted by: Gemma | 2005/07/05

Born into a presbytarian home.
Why ? What are you ?

Reply to Gemma
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/05

Why are you reacting in anger? All we are doing is stating our point of view. You harp on wars fought in the name of religion (note religion not christianity) - but it seems that you need to deal with some issues.

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: Lorraine | 2005/07/05

Male23: I know exactly what u mean, but i also want to say when u start arguing about these things with people who disagree with u, u r not doing any good. I think it is good to give advice as good as u can, but then after that just leave the people who disagree to state their points and try not to argue.
That only makes people want to stand up against Christianity even more.

Reply to Lorraine
Posted by: Gemma | 2005/07/05

Male23

Pleeeeease , I never bit your hand , because I don't listen to people who ram their beliefs down peoples throats.

Enjoy your day, You have a lot of growing up to do.

Reply to Gemma
Posted by: Male23 | 2005/07/05

Gemma what religion are you?

Reply to Male23
Posted by: Lorraine | 2005/07/05

If my dad never went to that fortune teller, my grandfather wouldnt have had that curse put on him and he wouldnt have been shot. At that stage my dad was not serving God and did not have the know-how on breaking things like that, so he didnt do anything about it. I do believe that u do get demons who can predict the future as well, but i believe that most of the things spoken over us by fortune tellers etc only come true because we:
1. Had enough faith in it to go and listen to it in the first place
2. Believe in what was said and in that sense gives it even more power over us to ruin our lives.

Does that answer your question?

Reply to Lorraine
Posted by: Male23 | 2005/07/05

You just bit the helping hand, but i wount backoff

Reply to Male23
Posted by: Male23 | 2005/07/05

God gave us free will, you're right, and my free will is to help those who cant see, those on the wrong side of the road. I will never ever look at a person who need my help and just walk on asiff i never saw him/her, even if the one i feed bite my hand, i will still not back off.

Reply to Male23
Posted by: Gemma | 2005/07/05

Male23

Get a life outside your little bubble.
To many wars have been fought over Religion, ,,,,,, but everyone is Gods children ????? As a parent , I hate it when my kids fight.
You sound brainwashed

Reply to Gemma
Posted by: Confused | 2005/07/05

Hi Loraine, I dont understand you, you are saying the fortune teller predicted that your grandfather will be shot and paralysed and it really happened. Are you saying it wasn't a prediction but he says things about someone and because he said it it really happens? Please clarify your statement.

Reply to Confused
Posted by: Lorraine | 2005/07/05

Gemma, He DEFFINATELY gives us free will. that is why it is so sad that so many people uses that free will to destroy their own lifes. He can only give advice and guidance in the Bible and through His children but it is still up to everyone to walk their own paths and make their own decisions and He is always there to catch u when u fall, but seriously, if u KNOW that something's wrong, why go play with it? Especially if u have been warned? thats just silly dont u think?

Reply to Lorraine
Posted by: Male23 | 2005/07/05

Gemma, you see.... as we all know, God knows EVERYTHING, and if someone like "STC" asked a question like she did, and we know God answered the question already, then of course we will share God's answer with him/her because God can answer any question better than you and me. So the best answer would be the Word of God.. dont you agree?
Its not always fun to run to the Bible , but at least when we see the answer there, we dont have to wonder anymore, because God Himself gave the answer.

Reply to Male23
Posted by: Gemma | 2005/07/05

God gave us free will................ I am sure he does not want puppets

Reply to Gemma
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/05

The Old Testament describes the punishment, given by God, for those who participate in occult practices. For both the one who practices and the one who hires the one who practices, the penalty is death (Exodus 22:18 Micah 5:12 Leviticus 20:6, Leviticus 20:27 1 Chronicles 10:13-14), indicating the seriousness of these offenses.

These prohibitions extend to both the Old and New Testaments. Occult practices by believers are condemned by Jesus in the books of Matthew and Mark. Paul in the books of Galatians1 and 2 Thessalonians, and Luke (several times in the book of Acts). Some of those who practiced sorcery, when they became followers of Jesus Christ burned their occult books. The Bible states emphatically that doing evil to accomplish good ends is not acceptable.

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: Lorraine | 2005/07/05

Gemma, when u r a child of God it is difficult to give advice and leave Him out of it.... if He is the centre point of where u get your advice on life from, how do u not mention Him when helping others??

Reply to Lorraine
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/05

Because we were brought into the world to bring glory to God, and as born again children of the ONLY and Most High God we have the ministry of reconciliation to show the truth to a lost and dying world

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: Gemma | 2005/07/05

What a lot of nonsence. !!!!!!
It seems this site has become a Born Again site.

Just a thought.....................

We where made in Gods image ?
Jesus rose from the dead !!!
Why can't you lot let people think for themselves without always bringing the Bible into it.

Reply to Gemma
Posted by: Lorraine | 2005/07/05

YES! I also had to go through deliverance from all those bloodline curses and soul ties and things... luckily i did that BEFORE my son was born so none of that will be carried over to him or manifest in my life with Paul. It is quite sad that people have to suffer so much because of a lack of knowledge on these things.

Reply to Lorraine
Posted by: RED | 2005/07/05

I totally agree with da rest of da folks.... by going to these "mediums" u only invite demons into ur life... rather stay away from them n live ur life a day at a time

Reply to RED
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/05

Having had to break curses and blood lines and things, I shudder when people want to do these things. All because of a certain thing that my ancestors were involved(actually worked out they probably founded this freaking thing) in that has visited us - but it has been broken through the power of Jesus' blood!

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: Lorraine | 2005/07/05

I completely agree with Male23 and Joanne E. U c, according to me the Bible will NEVER warn u against something just for nothing. There is ALWAYS a very good reason if the Bible warns u against something and like I said, I can tell u lots of true happenings regarding fortune telling including how it carries over to your children and grandchildren. U don't want to put a curse like that on yourself and your family.

A friend of mine went to see a fortune teller aswell. He took his girlfriend with him, but she didn't want to go in with him, so she waited outside the tent. The fortune teller told him that he would die in a horrible car accident by the time he is 23 years old. He went hom and told his parents who were children of God. Luckily they knew all about curses and they broke this curse over his life. Sadly he never told them that his girlfriend went with and was waiting outside. She died in a car accident by the time she was 23. The curse was carried over to her and they never broke it because they didn't know.

Stay away from those things!

Reply to Lorraine
Posted by: Male23 | 2005/07/05

Joanne, i agree with you. You talk about curses... i tell you this, if you dont deserve them, they cant touch you. Curses cannot hurt you unless you deserve them., They are like birds that fly by and never settle. Proverb-26.2

But i think someone who go to a fortune teller do deserve a curse,thats my opinion. (in the same line i must say, my mom went to one couple years ago, and i will never like to see her cursed... )

Reply to Male23
Posted by: Male23 | 2005/07/05

I dont want to be the party pooper again, but please go read :2 Kings 21.6 and 2 Chronicles 33.6. Read also Samuel 28.3-25. Then you decide if you still want to see a fortune teller or not.

Good luck x x x

Reply to Male23
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/05

and they can tell you everything about your past - and they get this from demonic ways - then as was said, they speak stuff over you and you live it out.

There are all sorts of curses you will bring upon yourself by doing this (consulting mediums, crystal ball gazers, those who use swinging pendulums) - and they will be on your children too.

Please don't do it.

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: Male23 | 2005/07/05

People will tell you to ask for messages from fortune-tellers and mediums, who chirp and mutter. They 'will say, "After all, people should ask for messages from spirits and consult the dead on behalf of the living." You are to answer them "Don’t listen to mediums - what they tell you will do you no good.."

Reply to Male23
Posted by: Lorraine | 2005/07/05

Hi STC
I can tell u a whole lot about fortune tellers but there is one thing that I really would like to say: A fortune teller is not a person who can actually c the future and tell u what they know for a fact, what they are actually doing is they are speaking things over u, and because of the fact that u went there, and because of the belief u have in what they say, the things they say do come to pass. My dad went to a fortune teller who told him that his father would be shot and paralyzed.... my dad thought nothing of it, but 4 years later my grandfather was shot in the back during an armed robbery and he was paralyzed for the rest of his life (25 years). Be very careful when playing around with those kind of things. Like i say, those predictions are not really predictions but more like things spoken over u. Remember the power of life and death lies in the tongue and the words that we speak.
Good Luck

Reply to Lorraine