Question
Posted by: Feeling Blue | 2006/10/26

Forgot my meds

I'm on ciprodol (i think that's the name) & I'm also seeing a psychologisy for my depression & anxiety. I'm feeling sad and I feel like crying. Now I don't remember taking my meds yesterday - I think I forgot. i'm thinking of going to the pharmacy and get another supply - will they give even though I took 30 last week or they are supposed to control that I only take 1 pack per month.

I'm also disappointed that forgetting one pill has this much impact. I'm supposed to be taking them for 6 months - what's going to happen after 6 months

Cipramil ? Cipralex ? I don't quite understand what's happening. If you have only recently started taking the meds, it will take 2 or more weeks for them to show their full effects, so if these are early days, yes, you may still feel blue some of the time. A pharmacist has to obey what a presciption says. So if there was a prescription for 30 tabs, and you received that, they wouldn't be keen to give you more within a week. And why on earth would you need more ? YOu're not sure whether or not you took your tabs yesterday ? OK, either you didn, and you should simply continue taking them each day as prescribed ; or you didn't --- and you should still continue to take them each day in the dose prescribed. You surely haven't lost the entire month's supply ? Missing one pill will NOT have a serious effect ; but taking the pills doesn't make it impossible for you to feel tearful or sad at times. After 6 months or more, when your doc / shrink may advise you you can stop taking them, the depression should be past and the chemistry of the brain back to normal, and you may be able to remain well after that.

1
Posted by: Paul | 2006/10/26

Not a problem, Im not sure what the Cipralex half life is but if you did forget do whatever is closer, take the missed pill or take it on the next schedule.

Reply to Paul