Question
Posted by: Nats | 2005/11/28

Foreskin

My son is alomst 3 years old. I did not have him circumsized. My mom has just told me know that I need to pull his skin back and clean it, and also so that it can pull back. Otherwise he will have problems.

I have tried to do this but that skin just does not want to pull back. He says it is sore when I try and pull it back. Should I just try a little bit every night until it does pull back. What should I do.

\I am very worried, and guilty that I did not know this before. He is my first born, I truly did not know that I had to do this.

Please I need some advise.

Nats, you can leave the foreskin just where it is until he becomes sexually active. There is no need to pull back the foreskin unless he get repeated infections or interferes with urinating. It is just an old wife’s tale that you have to pull back the foreskin – you can check with your paediatrician if you like. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Werner | 2005/11/28

Dont try and pull it back. It will automatically start pulling back on its own, after a few years.

If you dont believe me, please go and speak to a Paediatrician.

Reply to Werner