Posted by: Kylie | 2007/03/13

For the Doctor please

There aren't any twins in either of our families, however we woud like to know if it is possible by any means to have twin boys?

Would artificial insemination be able t produce these results or fertility treatment?

Any info would be appreciated.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear Kylie

Simple artificial insemination will in no way guarantee either twin pregnancy or both male fetuses. he only way would be to do an invitro fertilisation program with pre-genetic diagnosis of each embryo and replace only the genetically male normal embryo's.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: helper | 2007/03/13

selecting gender - yes, at quite a cost. some fertility doctors think its unethical and will only do sperm selection if there is a genetic problem or for real family balancing (only for the opposite sex).

No doctor will willingly give you twins though - the risks of having multiples is high for the mother and baby. Its not something doctors do on purpose! It can just sometimes happen as a result of fertility drugs.

Reply to helper

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.