Question
Posted by: Shirls | 2004/10/15

For my pregnant cousin: cramps and spotting

Ladies,

Wonder if any of you acn help. My cousin is 12 weeks pregnant and has since three days ago started spotting, She says the spotting is getting more frquent but is still light. It is pinky-brown. She also has abdominal cramps. Is this normal or is this something to be concerned about. Could it be an impending miscarriage?

It is a worry and she should see her doctor for a scan. Most pregnancies continue without a hassle though

3
Posted by: andy | 2004/10/15

Dear Shirls
Your cousin shouldsee a GP asap. That is how my MC started, first the pink discharge than it became brownish afterwards the bleeding. Funny thing is two docs told me I have nothing to worry about. So it would be best for her to go to a gynae instead of a GP.

Hope she will be okay.

Reply to andy
Posted by: Shmegal | 2004/10/15

Shirls

Please get your cousin to a doc asap. Rather get her checked
and then at least she'll know whether there is a problem or not.
I started spotting at 12 weeks and then found out that baby had not servived past 9 weeks and I had to have a D& C.

Please get her to a doc.

Reply to Shmegal
Posted by: Marlene | 2004/10/15

Hi Shirls

If it bright blood it could be a miscarriage. I suggest she rather phones her doc. Rather save then sorry.

Good Luck

Reply to Marlene