Question
Posted by: amanda | 2005/01/05

for my mom

Hello doc
Hope you had a wolderfull x mas and new year and all the best for 2005
My question is for my mother, she was diagnosed with arthritis and because she does not consist of a medical aid the doctors at HF said there is nothing they can do for her, they did not even give her any pain tablets.
The x ray that they have taken shows clearly how the one side of her hip is like gone, the is a big hole sitting there where the hip was and to make it worse she struggles to walk properly, the left side of her body is constantly in pain and she said her leg and hp i the worse, and the knee too.
What I would like to know is there medication (without a percription) tht I can get for her over the counter that will help with the constant pain.
I feel her so sorry, some days she is crying of all the pain.
Please doc can you help?
Amanda

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Amanda
Please contact the Arthritis Foundation at 0861303030. They will give you better advice on this. Your Pharmacist will also be able to tell you which medication can be bought without a script.