Question
Posted by: Nicky | 2006/11/06

for Jane (10/10/06)with tick infestation

I also had the same problem. I also live a cross a veld.
1st take all the animals out the house open cupboards and draws etc take bedding put in middle of bed and close all windows. Get 1 can per room 50m2 Doom Fogger, put them on and run.

2nd get Tick "pour on" for cats and treat them.(In between the shoulder blades and it must go on the skin, on the hair they groom themselves and it wont last 1 week.)

you need to kill the eggs which have already been laid (doom) and keep the areas clean and vacumned and the cats tickless. I have found ticks in my bed and on clothes lying around etc.
On yourself, get some teatree oil and with your finger just dab in areas on yourself under the hairline in the neck and on the top of head not too much. wash your hands afterwards as the teatree is toxic to cats.

I spray under my bed once week check my cats all the time (I have 13 ) check my dogs 4 they wear tick collars.
I have found that some cats dont have tick on them at all, and others are like breeding grounds. The spray for ticks is also handy and less expensive. Although teatree is toxic, it is ok to put 2-3 drops in your water 10ltr to wash floors teatree is extremely concentrate so only a little is needed, ticks will vacate outside.
on patios(outside) mix Jeyes fluid in water when washing floors or tiles. They also dont like it.
Take a few suggestions I have made and try and make them as routine as possible and they will dissappear. I have battled for about 3 months and they are now only under control. Just remember NO TEATREE on cats.

Only every use products registered for use in dogs on dogs and for cats on cats. There is a powder available for use on bedding and sleeping areas.