Question
Posted by: amanda | 2004/10/07

for how long

Hi Doc, i'm so anxious to get preggies i got married in may this year but i'm so anxious to conceive i feel i'm delaying, i'm 29 years, na di'm worried i just don't know why i don't conceive i feel god is punishing me for something but why me, i really need a baby to call my own, everymonths when it's time to see my periods i just say a little word that oh let me not have periods coz by that i'll know i' ll be pregnant

i have a dog by the name of bobby, i love this dog as if it were my baby, i wash it feed it and make sure it stays next to me in the house i even kiss this dog and hold it strong in my arms.
i just love it as a good pet but i also think that if it can turn to be baby of mine.

please help i'm so desperate. and when i have sex with hubby, i say to myself ohh today is the day and my hubby says no don't think about it it will just happen.

but i'm so desperate i also look at peolpe holding their babies as if it were me.

help me doc.

Relax. No need to panic at all. Try to have intercourse about 14 days before your next period is expected.
We only strat looking after 12 months of trying usually

2
Posted by: andy | 2004/10/08

girlfriend, you only got married in May so why not enjoy this new bond between you and your husband. I know how it feels to want a baby because i'm also TTC but stop telling yourself today is the day everytime you have sex. in the end you won't enjoy it. you hubby might start to think that he is failing you. So my dear all I can say is be patient our time will come but in the mean time enjoy your new marriage.

Reply to andy
Posted by: Shirls | 2004/10/08

Hi Amanda

Its perfectly normal to have such despearte feelings of wanting a baby - its the maternal instinct in you.

Remember that it is not really easy to fall pregnant - it does atake a while. Some people try for a very long time, maybe two or three years to fall pregnant. Just relax and enjoy the baby making, when the time is right it will happen. A normal healthy couple only has a 20% chance per month of falling pregnant, the rest is up to God. When God feels it is the right time He will give you a baby.

There are many of us on this forum that are ttcing and over the months wer have celebrated much good news with many of the ladies who were just as desperate. Each one of us will have a turn when the time is right.

Nonetheless i do hope it happens sooner than later!

Reply to Shirls