Question
Posted by: Friend | 2005/12/09

For everyone feeling depressed today: this is for you

So often it seems that life is only made up of things to worry about. Life has many disappointments for all of us ... death, illnesses, betrayals, tragedies, and feelings of worthlessness and despair. Sometimes life can seem so very grim, and so many times we tend to wallow in pools of self-pity.
I would just like to say again ... I believe that our time here on earth gives us the opportunity to grow spiritually. We can experience much personal growth because of all the suffering, worries, and difficulties we have to go through during our mortal lives. It is God's way of fine-tuning us so we become more compassionate, more caring, more loving, and more aware of others' pain. After all, how could we ever dry the tears of others if we had never cried ourselves?

We all find ourselves in the valley of despair sometimes. It may sometimes seem that we are forever worrying, learning lessons, suffering pain, and facing challenges. But we must try to remember that the fertilizer that helps us "grow" is in those valleys, not on the mountain tops.

During the times that we feel scared and confused, we will always end up wiser and we will grow more from the experiences. We will understand more about people and life, become more sensitive, and we'll be able to enjoy life more after we go through the hard times.
We have to experience sadness so that we may better measure joy. Life has a way of balancing the sorrow with the joy, the disappointments with the hope, and the emptiness with the meaning.

Sometimes life seems hard to bear,
Full of sorrow, trouble and woe,
It's then I have to remember
That it's in the valleys I grow.
If I always stayed on the mountain top
And never experienced pain,
I would never appreciate God's love,
And would be living in vain.

I have so much to learn,
And my growth is very slow,
Sometimes I need the mountain tops,
But it's in the valleys I grow.

I do not always understand
Why things happen as they do,
But I am very sure of one thing ...
My Lord will see me through.

My little valleys are nothing
When I picture Christ on the cross
He went through the valley of death;
His victory was Satan's loss.

Forgive me Lord, for complaining
When I'm feeling so very low,
Just give me a gentle reminder
That it's in the valleys I grow.

Continue to strengthen me Lord,
And use my life each day,
To share your love with others
And help them find their way.

Thank you for valleys Lord,
For this one thing I know ...
The mountain tops are glorious,
But it's in the valleys I grow!

Thanks, Friend, for a thoughtul and kindly posting !

1
Posted by: shooter | 2005/12/09

thanks friend, good philosophy that. i'll remeb this 4 the future

Reply to shooter