Question
Posted by: Riana | 2006/07/20

For attention Buzz

Buzz, you are so kind.

Anyway, they came to fetch my little girl. I just came back from hospital, I had to get her ne clothes as she have to stay for observation.

She didn’t cry, she didn’t fight. Nothing.

She just stared at me with eyes asking “Mommy? Why?”

I wish I could do more for that kid, but she is in the best hands she can ever be.

A week ago she used a razor and cutted off her bright and long healthy hair. I was realy too shocked to even ask why. Hubby said he think she might have been tired of the long hair. I doubt.

I know its going to be hard. I am only allowed to see her once a day. 3 hours max. she is not in prison so I do not know why they are so strict. It not fair to keep a child away from her mother.

All this made me feel really rejected. Like its my fault, but I know its all but my fault.

Thank you for praying. Yes, we are Christians and we believe that prayer can heal.

Wish I could meet you one day.

Have a lovely day.

Riana

Riana, I don't tink anything unkind is meant by limiting visiting at this stage --- they don't know what is upsetting her, and it is better for them to have time to observe her and aassess her without too many distrations from outside, until they are more clear about the nature of the problem. As things progress, they probably won't limitvisits so much.
And when she asks Why, explain that you were very worried about her because she seemed so very unhappy, and you love her so much ---and you want her to have the best available treatment to get better soon.
We loo forward to hearing further news of progress over the coming days

3
Posted by: AB | 2006/07/21

Hope things go well, Riana.

I'm probably one of many who've been with you silently over the last few days.

I think it will be very important for you to speak to the psychiatrist of psychologist who will be working with your daughter, but give them a chance to get a clear picture of things first. I'm sure they need time to observe her so they can do a proper assessment.

In the meantime you need to work on the turmoil you are obviously feeling. You and your husband, for instance, will need to work hard to come to a shared understanding. You will need to come to understand the rejection you described in your post, and with the guilt ("fault") you feel.

From a distance, it seems to me that you did ABSOLUTELY the right thing. You acted out of love.

Your daughter undoubtedly needs help. There must be no doubt about that. What it's all about will take time to unravel. But she's getting the help she needs. Thanks to who, Riana?

Reply to AB
Posted by: Susan | 2006/07/21

Hi Riana
Has you daughter always been withdrawn or is this just something that happened recently? I am sure that you have done the right thing for her and wish you and your family all the strength.

Reply to Susan
Posted by: Buzz | 2006/07/20

Oh Riana, my heart is going out to you and your daughter. But I'm also relieved to hear that she's now under treatment. You did the right thing, don't doubt that for a moment. And before you know it, things will start looking brighter again, not only for you but for your daughter too.

If I helped in whichever small way, then I'm happy and it was a pleasure. But you're a mother, and would have done exactly what you did, with or without my advice. The good thing about this forum is all the compassion and kindness you'll get from many visitors, and of course CS. Keep coming back here, when you feel things are getting difficult.

A journey of a thousand miles, start with one step. You took your first step today, it might not get better immediately but you're on your way.

Take care and best wishes to both of you. Yes, I'd also like to meet you and a few others on the forum, but I suppose it's not meant to be. But I'm usually hanging around the forum, and will keep an eye out for your postings.

Hope your evening is good.

Reply to Buzz