Posted by: Dee | 2008/07/23

FOR ATT: OLLIE - re: Turkey Baster

I am single and already almost 35. The odds that I am going to get married is rather slim.. So I decided to do the single mom thing. I fell pregnant is Sept last year (the normal way), but at 17weeks - my gynae found an abnormality - and he decided to end my pregnancy - this was in Jan. Labour was induced - and after three days of labour - I gave birth to my son at 19weeks. I am finally ready to start trying again. The odds of something going wrong again is minimal.
I was going to use a sperm bank this time - but a dear friend of mine has offered to be my donor. We did a bit of research about home inseminations, and decided to give it a try first - before using a gynae. It seems a little less clinical...
My donor is gay - and never ever been with a woman - so he doesnt feel he could do it " naturally" . So we thought we would give it a try at home in a more relaxed atmosphere.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Dear Dee

For the purposes you have described, home insemination may well be a suitable option provided that you are simultaneously monitoring ovulation.

Answered by: Dr.M.I. Cassim

Posted by: Jenny | 2008/07/23

that sound great, my advise to you is to stay relaxed I have heard that acupunter? spelling ? is a good way to go.

Reply to Jenny