Question
Posted by: A friend | 2005/07/29

For all the looking girls

WAIT FOR THE GUY

Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot,
Who calls you back when you hang up on him,
Who will stay awake just to watch you sleep.
Wait for the guy who kisses your forehead,
Who wants to show you off to the world when you are in your sweats,
Who holds your hand in front of his friends,
Wait for the one who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares about you and how lucky he is to have you.
Wait for the one who turns to his friends and says, "...that's her."

,,,,,

8
Posted by: Still waiting | 2005/07/29

I was reading this posting and thought...how wonderful if I could meet a guy like this!..I'v been waiting for a looooonng time now(or so it feels!)...I'm afraid, Im getting impatient! I don't think he's exactly going to come knoocking at my door?? I think we should also get out there....and start fishing....
if anyone knows of a guy like this, please let me know!!

Enjoy the week-end all..

Reply to Still waiting
Posted by: V | 2005/07/29

Friend = you are SO right. Know any guys like this?

Reply to V
Posted by: Star | 2005/07/29

Because he cares and knows you were upset. That is the whole point. Sound like you are a bit on the down side today.

Reply to Star
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/29

But why not phone back say "YOURE RUDE" and throw the phone down.

But I understand the meaning - and have always liked it - an oldie but a goodie! There's more to an intimate relationship than sex

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: Baby B | 2005/07/29

Dear Friend,

You're spot on and I am happy to tell you that I have a man like that. Not that I'l know if he watches me when I sleep, as he can put his head down and fall asleep in an instant - Ha ha!

However, he did that in the beginning, but he still holds my hand in front of everyone and he does show me off even when I feel a bit giddy. There were times I thought it too good to be true, but it is.

Reply to Baby B
Posted by: A friend | 2005/07/29

Purple, but isn't that how we would like it to be? Not ashamed of us, we would always look nice to them nomatter what we are wearing, how we look, why we hang up the phone, they would know the true person under all the nitty gritty tantrums, clothes, or sleeping without make up.

Reply to A friend
Posted by: Keli | 2005/07/29

VERY TRUE Purple. Its sounds good what Friend was trying to say, but its all about respect and love.

Reply to Keli
Posted by: Purple | 2005/07/29

Lovely sentiments, but if someone watches me sleep I'd think they were wierd. And if my husband showed me off when I was in my "sweats" I'd find him really inconsiderate. And if someone phoned back when I hung up on them I'd perceive them as weak and willing to accept rude treatment and lose respect for them.

I hear what you say though, look for someone who treats you with the respect you deserve, loves you and isn't afraid to show it.

Reply to Purple