Question
Posted by: Jasmine | 2008/01/29

Foot & Toe Nail Problem

Two of my nails on my right foot are starting to die off (from the edge of the nail, toward the cuticle - in a straight line.) They have become white and dry. Is this a fungal infection?
Secondly, I am experiencing pins and needles in my left foot - in the region of my baby-middle toe. My toes also very often cramp and almost go into spasm. Many years ago I was diagnosed with Kohler's Disease. Could there be a link?

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Hallo Jasmine
this could be a sign of a fungal infection - please let your doctor have a look and start treatment early. The symptoms in your foot could be due to a nerve pinching and may be a side effect of Kohler's disease, or it could be due to a neuroma developing in the foot.
dr Bets