Question
Posted by: kuku | 2007/04/02

foot & shin injuries?

Hi Doc,

I have been doing kick-boxing for the past 5 months & recently hurt my foot. There was no actual twisting or anything, it just started hurting. This was 3 weeks ago & I am still struggling with it & I now have a lump on the top of my foot that is extremely painful when I press on it? My toes also cramp up.
Now I have something similar on my opposite shin. It just started hurting without any accident or blow? There is also a lump next to my shin-bone & i struggle to do any skipping or impact excercise. It's exremely painful...
Can you tell me what it is so I can treat it correctly or should I see a my doctor?
Thanx :o)

Expert ImageArchive

Hi kuku

it could be a form of tendinitis. A tendon connects muscle to bone. if it is inflammed, it can ball up. Especially on moving your toes up and down it can be painful.

Anti inflammatories, stretching and if that doesn't help, injections followed by 3 days of no activity can help if that's the problem.

Dr P