Posted by: kuku | 2007/04/02

foot & shin injuries?

Hi Doc,

I have been doing kick-boxing for the past 5 months & recently hurt my foot. There was no actual twisting or anything, it just started hurting. This was 3 weeks ago & I am still struggling with it & I now have a lump on the top of my foot that is extremely painful when I press on it? My toes also cramp up.
Now I have something similar on my opposite shin. It just started hurting without any accident or blow? There is also a lump next to my shin-bone & i struggle to do any skipping or impact excercise. It's exremely painful...
Can you tell me what it is so I can treat it correctly or should I see a my doctor?
Thanx :o)

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

Hi kuku

it could be a form of tendinitis. A tendon connects muscle to bone. if it is inflammed, it can ball up. Especially on moving your toes up and down it can be painful.

Anti inflammatories, stretching and if that doesn't help, injections followed by 3 days of no activity can help if that's the problem.

Dr P

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.