Question
Posted by: Sue | 2007/03/12

Foot problems

I have never ending problems with my feet. On Friday I wore a pair of flat (normaly) comfortable sandals to work, by Saturday morning it felt like I had a hard knob under my foot, and by saturday night I was in agony. Sunday morning and my whold foot was so swollen that my toes had turned purple, during the course of SUnday two huge blisters developed under my foot in the middle. I couldnt obviously walk and the pressure and pain was awful. This happens fairly often, and it doesnt seem to matter what shoes I wear (scholl, green cross, plain sandals etc) - is this a symptom of something more, or do I just have sensitive feet?
It is really debilatating, and worrisome? I never go barefoot, and take care of feet.

Many thanks

Dear Sue
No this worries me - could be a sign of diabetes, blood flow problems or nerve problems. Have you also had x/rays of the bones of the feet? You may need to see a podiatrist to make you special insoles to wear and your GP should maybe organize a doppler examination of the arteries of the lower leg and check your blood sugar levels.