Question
Posted by: Nini | 2007/02/21

foot op

I've had warts cut out from the sole of my foot two weeks ago. The stitches come out tomorrow. How long should i wait before i start jogging again? Are there any other cardio vascular exercises i can do which won't put too much pressure on my foot?

Hi Nini

I would let the symptoms guide the return to exercise. Obviously, with stitches, you can run or walk, but as soon as they are out, you should be able to return to very light exercise at least. I would actually imagine you'll be able to get back to normal pretty quickly, depending of course on the size of the 'wound'. But you'll feel very quickly what you are capable of and what you should not do, and that's the best way to get back into it.