Question
Posted by: anxious | 2007/03/16

FOOT NEWS

CD

went yest for the abdomen and pelvic ultrasound - my gp wanted to check that there was nothing pressing on any major veins. The results again didn't show any problems! He was reviewing my medications I take and his next step now is for me to stop taking my Simvastatin 40mg which I switched to in Jan because Discovery will no longer pay for my Lipitor 40mg that I was previously on. If Simvastatin 40mg has the same or similar content to Lipitor 40mg why would I have a side effect problem on Simvastatin if I wasnt having problems with Lipitor? I know Simvastatin is the older statins. I have to go back to my gp on 29/3 to see if it is, in fact, the Simvastatin that is causing this. I guess he is still going through an elimination process, but I am beginning to feel that he is now running out of options! I personally, am not convinced that is my Simvastatin, given that my side effect is not a listed side effect of Simvastatin.

If the swelling is much the same or hasn't improved significantly by the time I go back, I am going to ask about the vascular surgeon!

At the moment I am happy with the fact that he is keeping an eye on it! After all, I can't fault him for not being thorough!

Cornel

Hi. Thanks for your concern.

Dear Anxious
Im passing on things to read: Between you and me and the doctor I am sure we'll find the cause!
http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/BHCV2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Fluid_retention?OpenDocument