Question
Posted by: Jake | 2008/06/02

Foods to eat to encourage fat loss

Hi, I'm a 19 year old male, what type of foods should i be eating to lose the fat from around my stomach. It's the only place on my body where I am overweight.

Dear Jake
If you are not generally overweight then I can only suggest that you increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) and if you do join a gym then ask the instructor to give you a set of exercises that target the tummy (e.g. sit-ups, etc) and do additional work on this problem area. In some cases giving up all alcohol, but especially beer, can assist in the loss abdominal fat.