Posted by: McMom | 2008/10/04

Foods to avoid after Gallbladder removal

I had my Gall bladder removed. I know that I must not have any oily foods, but are there a specific diet I should follow and certain food products that I must totally avoid.

I do not eat processed meat or food products, pork nor do I drink alcohol

Dear McMom

Thank you for visiting

Once a gallbladder is removed it is important to be on bile acid supplements. They need to be taken with every meal in which fat is consumed otherwise your fats will not be properly emulsified and absorbed.

Kind regards

Posted by: Paul | 2009/05/17

Please can you advise me on what foods i should avoid after having my gall bladder out.

Reply to Paul