Question
Posted by: Jaso | 2006/07/21

food with the most energy?

I'm a 21 year old healthy (or so I assume) guy. I recently started with a gym program. The thing is I get very tired quickly and I dont feel energetic at all...even though I eat alot (and not junk food). I drink plenty of water a day aswell (fruit and vegies included)

So my question is: Which type of foods will boost my energy the most?

thanks doc.

Dear Jaso
Carbohydrates are the most powerful source of instant energy and anyone who does strenuous exercise should eat as much carbohydrate as possible. The cyclists who participate in the Tour de France for example, obtain more than 70% of their energy from carbohydrates. Click on 'Fitness' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition' and read all the articles on 'Diets of Sportsmen and women', esp the ones on carbohydrates, and carbo-loading.