Question
Posted by: Piet | 2007/07/13

Food to lower blood pressure

I am a male and 47 years of age. I am not fit and i intend doing something about it but is there and good food that i can eat that will lower my blood pressure? I don't want to use medicine.

Dear Piet
If you suffer from high bp then you can try the DASH Diet for hypertension which will help to not only lower bp, but also lowers cholesterol and reduces weight (if this should be necessary). Click on "Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Food as medicine' and 'Hypertension' and get a copy of the DASH Diet which was developed in the USA to lower bp. Please do start doing exercise, BUT be careful that you do the exercise under the supervision of your dr because you do not want to cause strain when you have high bp. If the combination of exercise and the Dash diet does not lower your bp satisfactorily then Please go back to the dr for the correct medication.

1
Posted by: Antoinette | 2013/11/20

Hi Piet, Millions of people suffer with high blood pressure. And many are taking potentially dangerous diuretics, beta blockers and ACE inhibitors to manage this potentially lethal condition… All with nasty side effects! An animal study recently published in Phytotherapy Research has shown rhodiola rosea, an arctic flower, effective in fighting everything from depression to fatigue… And, it could send your blood pressure sinking too. Read the whole article here: http://fsphealth.co.za/articles/heart/lower-your-blood-pressure-naturally-with-this-flower-remedy-2841.html#.UoyNPfkmm1c

Reply to Antoinette