Question
Posted by: Worried | 2008/01/10

Food stuck on throat/chest area

Good day,
i think i ate something that i did not digest properly before swallowing and now it is stuck on my throat, just before my chest, it feels so uncomfortable, i have even tried to eat dry brown bread alone hoping it would push this down with no luck, it feels like its sitting on the other side of my throat where your food dont pass. is there anything i can take to have this pushed down to my stomach or something to help me throw up?

Dear Worried
It is probably a spasm of the esophagus that is causing the feeling - try taking an antispasmodic - ask your pharmacist. If this does not get better within 12 hours or gets worse with time please see your doctor as soon as possible.
dr Bets