Question
Posted by: darr3nh | 2007/02/28

Food Replacement

Hello All,

After every Gym session I find that I'm incredibly hungry afterwards. I'm looking for something that I can drink before and after that will curb the hunger pains and also something that will promote weight loss.

Thanks,

Dear Darr3nh
It is important that individuals who do intensive exercise replenish their energy sources and muscle and liver glycogen before, during and after exercise. Energy drinks such as Energade, EnerG and Powerade are good solutions to use before, and during exercise to hydrate your body, provide energy and also electrolytes such as sodium and potassium. After intensive exercise you can either have an energy bar or eat high-carb foods such as pasta, bread, rice with some protein and vegetables. Click on 'Fitness' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition' and read the articles on 'Diets for Sportsmen and women', esp the ones on carbohydrates and carbo-loading. Carbs are not fattening if you don't add fats to them.

1
Posted by: Lili | 2007/02/28

Why don't you try a smoothie, take all your favourite summer fruits mix them in a blender and pour low fat or fat free yoghurt that will do the trick.

Reply to Lili