Posted by: william | 2008/09/30

food poisoning

My partner and I have experienced apparent food poisoning recently- vomiting and diarrhoea..after a few days my partner ended up in the ER due to a temporary loss of voluntary movement and co-ordination brought on they say by the food poisoning. I on the other hand started with 12 hours of almost non-stop vomiting,, since then moderate, explosive diarrhoea and burning stabbing pain in the bowels around the waist to the left of the navel, as well as a bit above, in the stomach, and below. If i eat or drink noting at all it recedes. I would like to know how long to tolerate this before getting medical attention. I am taking probiotics. I sis necessary to get a stool sample tested?

Dear William
Yes I think you should rather see your doctor and have a stool sample tested - it sounds as if this is quite a virulent diarrhoea and you probably need antibiotics
dr Bets