Question
Posted by: sam | 2003/01/09

FOOD INTOLERANCE SYMPTOMS

In about February last year, I followed a high protein, no carbohydrate diet, which I am pleased to say, worked really well in helping me to lose pregnancy weight after two years. I believe that I've managed to maintain the weight loss, simply by avoiding breads, and eating other starch forms in moderation. Now though, I seem to have developed an intolerance to breads: I experience intense abdominal pain, often accompanied by diarrhea. This isn't chronic, but rather sporadic. I've undergone a colonoscopy, and consulted my gynaecologist, and both specialists have ruled out any abnormalities. What are the symptoms of a food intolerance or sensitivity?

Thank you.

Dear Sam
Food intolerance can give you those symptoms, BUT it is very important to have a proper allergy test done to determine what you are actually allergic to. Self-diagnosis does not help because you won't know which food or ingredient you need to avoid. So Please have your dr send you for allergy tests - it's really worth it.